Friday, October 9, 2009

Blogger

Well, what can I say? I've jumped into the world of blogging. I really would consider it a jump. My roommate Madison and I got home from school early today and we were both on our respective computers when she randomly asked "do you have a blog?" I replied that I didn't and she remembered a conversation we'd had earlier this semester which all began with me asking her why she has a blog. Madison immediately suggested I get a blog and since it's been on my mind lately I thought, "why not?!"

It really is Madison to blame for this soon to be obsession I'm sure I'll develop. (She's the cute blonde on the right). A couple of winters ago we were in a class together when I discovered she had a blog to display her photography. I thought blogs were only for businesses and then the "married types" as personal blogging became more popular. It seems though that anyone can have a blog-whether they have something worth saying or not. I may fall under the "not" category, but I'm finding that having a blog allows more creativity and is a better way to display my photos. Besides, I'm growing up and moving on with life (or so I keep reminding myself). As Peter Pan would say it's beginning to look like "an awfully big adventure"- which calls for something new, don't you think? (plus, blogging is cheaper than buying clothes...but this doesn't mean I'll stop buying those either). Facebook is a convenient way to keep in contact with people (heaven knows I'm in too deep now to back out) so I simply add another ingredient to the stew and send little bits of my life out into the web (but only for those I welcome to see).

So here's to blogging-may my creative juices flow.

2 comments :

  1. i LOVE it!!!!! Welcome to blogdom. I can't wait to read all you have to say and share!

    xo -
    Kellee

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the blog girl!!! you're awesome and don't blame me in 5 years when you have 4 kids, a HOT husband and living somewhere doing what you do best and you still have a blog that you update every day on your fun happenings and your crazy LIFE!! bwahaha.. your stuck!
    ps this is MADISON but im signed up as YOU! haha

    ReplyDelete