Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Home (n): the place in which one's domestic affections are centered.

Once again Madison brings me back to the blogging world. It all started with a texting conversation which nearly ended with a friendly "hey, I'm pretty sure you're due for an update." This is true, but let me preface by stating I spent all but two weeks of my holiday season on the road between home and Idaho/Utah for graduation.

**Let me take this moment to thank my family (Mom, Dad, Kellee, Trae, and Randi...Nick and Steven, I know you would have been there if you could) for making the trek to support me in graduating; it meant the world to me!**

I've accepted something about myself recently. I am a "homebody". When I go home (for holidays and breaks) I like to be home. Nothing sounds better to me than holing up in my house and being with my family and that's all I do (I am not ashamed). If you ever think "I wonder what Bailey's up to while she's home for the break?" I'm with my family. I don't carry my phone with me (it's quite refreshing you should try it some time), I check facebook approximately once every two weeks (if that), I read, quilt, craft...etc. rather than surf the web or watch TV, and I talk to my mom all of the time (she's my besty). So, really it's not that I don't want to blog, but simply....home is where my heart longs to be. The funny thing is that my physical home-my house if you will-changed so often in my younger years that it's a miracle I can attach myself to anything at all. Gratefully, I have a family, an eternal family, around which my heart revolves (second only to my Father in Heaven, of course).

I just need a few weeks to settle in with my family and brush the craze of life off my shoulders. It doesn't take long for me to miss school and friends as long as I can get my fill of family while I'm home.

I know this is short (relatively speaking) and semi-scatter brained but it's late and early morning brings children whose energy level rivals only that of the sun. So it's "TTFN-ta-ta-for-now"! I'll write again soon to give a more extensive update on graduation, moving to Utah, and my first week and a half as a professional Special Education teacher!

2 comments :