Sunday, January 31, 2010

New Year Resolutions

You're probably thinking "New year resolutions now? It's a month late!" But when talking to Eva a couple of weeks ago I expressed my opinion that resolutions are usually made based on the performance and outcomes of the previous year. Suppose this new year does not present the same challenges or desires that you had before? I choose to give my resolution making some time, feel the new year out a little, and truly commit to a few goals I know I can, eventually, reach. I have professional goals and personal goals, long term goals and short term goals...sometimes it feels like a lot to keep up with but luckily there is at least one year to get that much closer to a new and improved you (and me).

Also, while I'm thinking, of a "resolution" (I actually prefer to call them goals) seems daunting who says you can't change it? Break it down and this year work on one aspect and next year on another, I believe goals can be adjusted if they weren't realistic in the first place (no need to set yourself up for failure). *Remember a goal should be: realistic, measurable, and observable.

This year I'm going to take a chill pill. I have grown into someone who is easily irritated and always keeping others in check rather than myself. I am going to step back, stop trying to control everything and everyone in my world and make a concious decision to refrain from anger. I'm going to learn to see and love everyone as our Father in Heaven sees and loves them. I've been at it for one week and I feel 10 times better already! I'm actually turning back into someone people like to be around :)

5 comments :

  1. I am a fan of this post! I support you 100% in each of these endeavors! I WILL BE CAPTAIN OF TEAM BAILEY!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad I can always count on you "Ewa" :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahh love the blog!!! love dr. suess!! love the resolutions!!! k so we need to get together since im back in utah and chat!! hope everything is going great and you love your job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, I love you and miss you and am holding your Glee CDs ransom until we can grace you with our presence. Or just me. Whatever. i love you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are AWESOME!!!!!!
    p.s. I wont put up pictures until you do too!

    ReplyDelete