I've been bitten by the "etsy" bitsy spider. I've known about this website (http://www.etsy.com/) for a while and I've been on it maybe twice, but only vicariously through a roommate or friend as they tried to show me something (usually jewlery or other handmade fashion accessories). This morning while enjoying my first summer off in a few years I decided I wanted to look into personalized stationery (the cute kind not the mass produced, Google search-mile long list type). I wanted to find an up and coming artist/gRaPHic designer-with true creativity-selling from a blog-type of stationery. Etsy came to my mind so I ventured over to that neck of the web and I was gone for days (ok...slight exaggeration...it was more like an hour). There are over 1,000 entries under the paper goods tab! I could have been there for days (thus my exaggeration is justified). Cupcake wrappers, gift tags, die cuts, cards galore, digital paper, planners, journals, sketch books...I was dIzZy with possibilities. The best part was that rather than feeling like I need to buy everything I felt some of those crafts I could make myself, with the right tools of course. It was inspiration!So...what did I buy? I found someone selling a PDF package for making your own planner/calendar pages. Now that I am in Special Education every work day is filled with documenting, scheduling, and planning. I have been in search of the planner that will work best for me but if I like the cover I don't like the inserts and vice versa (sounds kind of like my journal complex...right mom?). This package was a dream come true. It's essentially: a collection of printable insert pages for use in 9 x 11 inch Crown Binders (or notebooks/binders that you already have). There are also two different half-size formats one for binders and then one they recommend for those with bookbinding experience. You save each pdf to your computer and print out as many copies as you need for personal use!
I may not be doing the description jusitce but (call me a nerd) it was music to my ears (and I'm not talking about the variety of musicals that have been playing non-stop on my iTunes since Monday). Then I decided I wanted to take a bookbinding class but in search of one I came across a cute blog IS*LY I Still Love You (http://www.melissaesplin.com/) and fell in love. She even had an eBook on how to flat bind for $5.00 so I bought it and I'm going to teach myself how to bind and keep an eye out for adult community courses on bookbinding! I'm uber excited!!
On a more serious note: I have killed 5 spiders in the past two or three months. All were found in my bedroom or bathroom and I AM NOT OK WITH THIS!
Save me...please?!
fun!! i want to see the pages when you finish!! ande 5 SPIDERS!!! i am not okay with that either!!! ahh i need to see you soon girl!
ReplyDeleteGet a Ridex plug-in thingy. We have one and I haven't seen nearly as many spiders this year as last year.
ReplyDelete