Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Blue Skies and Fall Drives













Spencer and I decided we want to drive up into a canyon every week and so far we've made it at least once a week if not more. We've managed Big Cottonwood and Little Cottonwood a few times and we made it to American Fork/Provo Canyon this past weekend for some awesome aspen viewing! I've heard only good things about Millcreek Canyon so hopefully we'll get up there soon. We usually take dinner and a few blankets and eat in the back of my truck while overlooking a scenic view and just talk while playing "who can spot the wildlife". This past weekend up AmFork we actually took a delicious breakfast. I love fall!

I've been busy with work and my calling but other than that I allow myself to indulge in my favorite past time...spending time with Spencer. His sister was married on Friday so we were kept busy helping with bridal pictures, announcements, decorating,...It was a beautiful celebration with yummy food (a taco bar) and the best part had to be the 12 different flavors of gelato. All 12 were delicious (they provided sampling spoons and you can bet your sweet bippy I tried'em all). Life is good....I am continually amazed at how blessed my life is. If you have ever doubted if Heavenly Father really lives or if He knows his children I offer my life (the entire 24...almost 25, CRAZY, years) as evidence that He does. Look at: how beautiful the earth looks (especially now), how comfortable my apartment is, how warm my clothing keeps me, how reliably my truck runs, how regularly my pay check comes, how healthy my body is (and the marvel of modern medicine when it's not), how marvelous-wonderful-tender-caring-loving-splendid Spencer is to me, delicious my food tastes, how eternal my family is, how true the church is and will be yesterday, today, and forever...need I go on (yes I need to, but the natrual man is telling me here is a good time to get to the point)? Honestly, I don't know what I've done to deserve such a wonderful life but I am eternally grateful for all the blessings the Lord bestows upon me and my loved ones.
I've posted pictures of our fall drives and maybe I'll stick a few of the bridals I took for Ashlie. I hope you enjoy!


























He never poses for me, he just looks that good. :)






































































































































3 comments :

  1. I wish we lived closer so we could join you on one of your adventures. The pictures are GORGEOUS!!! And gelato reminds me of when we would go in Burg. I love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i LOVE your posts! you make me happy! so glad your happy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, you should look into photography as a paying hobby. Those shots of his sister were seriously bridal/wedding album quality!

    ReplyDelete