These are my suggestions for my sister's family portrait coming up. Not too long ago she asked for some color combinations and I've been thinking about them all week. I LOVE color (although I tend to dress and decorate in neutrals) so it was fun for me to pull together just a few of my favorite combinations. Kellee, I chose these with your family and the season in mind. I hope they get your creative juices flowing.
Blue and Gold
Navy to be exact. But it could be masculine and feminine, which I thought would go well with your household being heavy on the testosterone side. They are the boy scout colors after all.
Green and Light blue
(Do you remember the sweater and shirt I picked out for you from an Eddie Bauer outlet in VA....I think it was your Senior year? You got them the same year you got your lap top...that's what I had in mind)
Green and Yellow
I was thinking a darker green...more like forest green and a golden rod sort of yellow, but this was the closest I could find. I often wear a white top under my yellow cardigan, with blue jeans, and then my green flats and maybe a green necklace to help tie it together.

Plaid
Not matching, but coordinating plaids. It could look really cozy and country without being too redneck. ;)

Brown
Different shades of brown against a fall-colorful setting.

Dark Teal and Burnt Red/Orange
I'm not sure of the real names of the colors of her outfit but every time I watch this movie I'm stunned by how rich and full they look. (The colors look brighter in the movie)
My last suggestion I found the other day and I'm still swooning over it:
I think the image speaks for itself. *BIG sigh*
Thank you SOOOO much!!!! You have me thinking and planning already! We were going to do blue and gray, but J destroyed my favorite gray sweater on accident this weekend. But I like the suggestions you have given! I'll let you know what I choose before hand.
ReplyDeletexo,
kellee
Bummer about your sweater :( Good luck!!
ReplyDelete