Friday, November 11, 2011

Autumn Time

As winter approaches (there's a chance of snow in the valley beginning tonight and running clear through Thursday) I figured I should catch up on my fall photos.
One Friday after work I came home to these lovelies and a charming note from Spencer asking me on a date. It's wonderful how things so thoughtful and simple can be so exciting!



Near the end of September Spencer, Carrie, and I went fly fishing up Little Cottonwood. This was my second time and Carrie had been before but she wanted practice and Spencer could help. Carrie's dad made her a fly rod a few years ago for Christmas so she was pretty much the pro. Spencer is the only one who caught anything! It was just a little guy and Carrie and I weren't there to see the victory, but he took a picture on his phone and showed us with triumph! Naturally I was the photographer of the trip but Spencer did catch a shot of me fishing...unfortunately it happened to be one of the times my line was stuck in a tree. Here I am trying to make them look good (because I was NOT the ONLY ONE who kept sticking their line on an over hanging branch) and Spencer was sure to catch my talent for posterity.



All too quickly came Halloween. I seemed to have endless ideas of what everyone else should be, but when the day came, I hadn't thought of anything for myself. Spencer dressed as a Special Forces guy (his outfit looks exactly like what my dad used to wear in Afghanistan) and I ended up as a 50s house wife. The apron came from Kellee last year at Christmas (pretty adorable isn't it?) and the pearls were a graduation present in 2009, everything else was on hand. If I had a broomstick skirt I would have been Professor Trelawney from Harry Potter, but maybe next year. We went to Spencer's parents house for pizza and pumpkin carving and a Harry Potter movie.


My mom sent me a box of fall decorations and candy that arrived on Halloween! Just in time! I've added fall foliage to my garland and a little sign to the wreath on my door. My favorite is my little kitchen window. The small bird is mine but everything else came from my mom. I think it looks better in person but you get the idea from the photo. It makes doing dishes a little more enjoyable. I'm already brimming with ideas for a winter window.

Happy Harvest!

3 comments :

  1. He does look JUST like dad dressed like that!!! And yo look AdOrAbLe in that apron! Happy Fall!

    xo,
    kellee

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all, i love your posts. And I also love your green sweatshirt you're fishing in. It looks cute AND comfy! We should hang out more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha, I agree...about the hanging out. The green sweatshirt was a walmart special last year...just a Hanes sweat shirt. I like to sleep in it because it doesn't have a hood.

    ReplyDelete