Monday, March 5, 2012

It's a...Birthday!


As Spencer and I drove to our ultrasound appointment we were sincere when we said we'd be thrilled no matter what gender this baby turned out to be. We were curious to see if our inklings from when we first learned we were pregnant were right or not. It turns out a mother's intuition can set on early. It's a girl!

Profile

Hand

Arm

Leg

"110% sure it's a girl" said the technician.

Immediately after the appointment I messaged or called my family to share the news. For Spencer's family we planned a reveal for Sunday after my birthday dinner. Spencer's sister Tricy was in on our little secret and it was actually she who made the yummy cupcakes for our mystery dessert. Sunday afternoon she came over and we filled all the cupcakes with pink goodness (which turned out marvelously), and we couldn't wait to spill the beans. Everyone made wagers, it was such a fun way to celebrate (I actually kept forgetting we were there for my birthday rather than to tell everyone the news). My birthday was truly fantastic. I feel so blessed and so loved.
Since my birthday was on Sunday Spencer and I had plans to celebrate on Saturday. Not everything went quite as planned but the things I really wanted to do, got done. I'd been asking to go to Olive Garden since the beginning of January so Spencer treated me to a lovely meal and then frozen yogurt for dessert. It was everything I'd been waiting for.
On Sunday Spencer made me breakfast and I opened presents from my parents and Spencer. Spencer wrote me a beautiful note and with it came Mary Poppins on DVD (a must-have as far as I'm concerned). My parents sent a portable iPod sound system (which will make picnics and working around the house or yard so fun). Then it was off to church, followed by filling cupcakes and wedding talk with Tricy (weddings don't lose interest after you've had your own, their still magically fun), then a birthday dinner with the Taylor clan. Randi was able to come to dinner, which made for 3 pregnant women in one room!
I was spoiled with more gifts such as: a bath and body works gift card, a massage, The Sound of Music on DVD, edamame, a gorgeous journal, and a toaster oven! (I've never had a toaster over...never even used on so this will be a new experience).
Even the birds were singing and a warm sun shining for my birthday!






Flowers from my dad.
A thousand thanks to all who made my birthday so memorable.

1 comment :

  1. Yay for a little girl!!! Now let's see a bump photo. Happy birthday Bailey Bear!
    Xo
    Kellee

    ReplyDelete