Sunday, July 8, 2012

The Waiting Game

Our baby is 37 going on 38 weeks so we are officially "full term"!  Although she could come any day now it's likely that we have at least another week or two before she shows her lovely face.  Just within the past week I've had many requests for a picture of me at this point in my pregnancy.  Frankly, I'm feeling large-and-in-charge and the July heat has brought on swelling in my ankles that elephants would envy.  Other than the swelling and a desperate need for anything and all things cold (be it the a/c, swimming pool, Otter Pops, a jug of ice water..) I feel great!  I definitely feel like I'm slowing down a bit, but I think it has more to do with the heat than anything else.  This entire pregnancy I have felt so blessed to be so comfortable and to go about my typical way of life without much alteration or interruption.  I wouldn't have been able to make it through work or this summer without the blessing of a loving Heavenly Father to answer my prayers and give me the strength to keep moving forward.  Second to that, but in no way less, is a supportive husband and family.  All have made a world of difference.  Here are the pictures you've all been waiting for.  I decided to do a little time line just in case anyone else has forgotten where I started and where we are now.  
 Last pre-pregnancy photo (October 31-sorry for the smooch picture-it's the best side view)
 18 Weeks (February)
 21-ish Weeks (March-remember this post?) 
37 weeks 5 days....and counting! (July)

3 comments :

  1. How can you think no one could see that belly!!! There is definitely no hiding that! You are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay! so cute! you are an adorable preggo lady!:)

    ReplyDelete