This year we made Leone a little play kitchen. I loved the idea of making our own so we could fit it to our space and Leone's interests. It fits perfectly in our kitchen. I even made her a ruffle apron. I found the cute knobs at Downeast, made the curtain and apron from fabric scraps, I used chalk board paint for the oven front and the side board (I messed up the front but it made due for Christmas morning). The cupboard itself came from the IKEA as-is section. I'm looking forward to adding to the set-up as space allows.

It was a tradition growing up that every Christmas we were given an ornament my parents picked out with each of us in mind. As each of us left home in our turn we were given our ornaments to take with us so we'd have something to decorate our trees. I've continued this tradition with Leone. This year I made a flower out of ric-rac.
We've been working on growing this avocado pit into a tree. I'm not sure how long it will survive in our climate but it has been a fun experiment and I enjoy seeing it on my kitchen window sill. Oh! I got a cute bike with a basket off KSL ($25, can't beat that)! I was going back and forth between getting a mountain bike or not (I've only ever had mountain bikes). But I decided on this cruiser when I saw the price and I won't be doing much mountain biking with Leone in tow. We got her a helmet and, come warmer weather, we'll pick up a child bike seat so we can ride around town and to the park and library.As a gift to Spencer's parent's we dressed up the grand kids and had professional pictures taken (with the grandparents) for a Christmas card. It ended with a dance party, can't go wrong with that!
We sent out our first ever Christmas card as a family. This particular card made its way to my Dad's parents in France. (Doesn't everything seem fancy in french?)
Leone is a busy bee and is eager to help. She truly is Miss Independent. Once she sees us do something she wants to try...and she does well! She'll sit on my lap as I sew, sit on the counter or stand on a bucket to help me bake. We pulled our bikes into the living room for a couple of days when we were hit hard with snow. Leone smeared herself in bicycle grease as she climbed all around them. I just laughed when I saw her face. Leone also met Santa for the first time. We were sure she'd go right to him because she usually will go to anyone. She would have none of his jolliness.
My sister and her family came into town from Cali-for-ni-a for a wedding and I was thrilled to spend time with them. We had them over for breakfast one morning and it turned into a picnic in the living room since we only have one high chair/booster seat. It was a great time! Rory and Leone were hot and cold, one moment friendship the next it was tug-of-war over toys. Toddlers (sigh). Overall, I'd say it was a good experience for both of them.
We watched Afton while Randi was at the temple for the sealing. Leone will be an awesome big sister some day. She was very gentle and considerate of Afton. She always got down on her level and would bring her toys. It was sweet to watch her dote.
Spencer and I stole away for a morning of snowboarding.
Phew! That about brings us up to date. Leone is just getting over a nasty cold. Spencer is busy with classes, work study, and he has taken on ASCE president. I'm just trying to keep up with them and make time for myself in between. I'm always up for a good book, new recipe, or cute craft!







love reading this! the ornament you made is darling and I'm curious to see how the avocado goes!:)
ReplyDelete