Monday, July 14, 2014

Merry Happy

I made a simple Wordle (remember those?) noting a few places and favorites of significance to us these past years. I've started a tradition (it's very young) of printing a Wordle of Leone's favorite pastimes and milestones of the year for her birthday (I told you it was young). I thought it would be fun to make one in honor of our third anniversary (which is tomorrow--eek!).

Three blissful years with Spencer.
I've been reflecting on our little life together and my gratitude for the blessing this marriage is touches my heart so deeply. Even when the road has been rocky the sting is lessened by the companionship I have in Spencer.

My mom always said "Marry a man who cherishes you" and Spencer does just that. Simple moments in our every day remind me of what a lucky girl I am. It's discovering we've fallen into a rhythm, a flow, without ever trying. It captures me while watching him play with Leone, the way he says good morning and good night, when he reaches for my hand or tells me about his day and asks about mine. It's in a kiss good-bye that lasts just that much longer, and a smile that reaches his eyes. 
He makes me happy.


Spencer is the definition of gentle-giant.  He is the rational to my somewhat irrational, the adventure in my routine, the meek to my too bold, the outside-the-box to my make-it-fit mind. I can feel the complement...completeness. 
We are the lucky ones!

2 comments :

  1. that is too cute! great idea on the wordle too! something to keep each each and reflect back on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you are the lucky ones! Happy Anniversary and think of cheese! :)

    ReplyDelete