Sunday, September 21, 2014

The Exchange Place

Shooting downtown was a great way to shake things up. I had a chance to scope out a new-to-me area in the historic district referred to as The Exchange Place. I haven't done much with an urban portrait setting until now but I had fun and learned quite a bit along the way. I was concerned the area would be overcrowded since it was a Saturday evening but when we arrived the area was largely vacant except for passers-by and one extended-family shoot. We politely worked around each other and enjoyed a sunny September evening. We spotted a peregrine falcon perched on a hand railing at one of the locations! He let the girls get within 3 feet of him before gently lighting to a higher perch. There is a nest at the top of the Joseph Smith Memorial Building (see it here), he was obviously out seeing the sights.




This shoot was fun and fast (one hour exactly from greeting to goodbye), but it wasn't without it's pouting moments, bribes of ice cream afterward, and a few snacks up the sleeve! I especially loved how the girl's outfits suited their individual styles and personalities. Smart, sassy, and sweet.
I hope Trevor and Sarah find something "wall worthy". Below are a few of my favorites.




 Geronimo! I love Sarah's face in the picture above.
It's one part "That's my girl"and one part "Oh, well!"









2 comments :