Sunday, June 27, 2010

"...a good leather binding and a respectable title."

It won't be as big as Webster's New Collegiate Dictionary or as profound as Peter Pan or The Hiding Place. It may take me M O N T H S...or only a day (keep your fingers crossed). I am going to venture into the world of book binding. I have purchased all necessary materials for a Flat Back bind and a Japanese Stab bind (it's pretty pricy in the start but once you've purchased the tools it's just keeping stock of paper and fabric from there). I'll admit I'm intimidated after reading the dETaILeD tutorials but I'm just going to sit down and go to it and with practice will come...improvment. I'm looking forward to a challenge.
(p.s. the quote in my title comes from the motion picture Finding Neverland)

3 comments :

  1. oh my goodness i have always wanted to make one.. you will have to tell me how it turns out and maybe teach me! :) can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Madison on this one. I couldn't get into the bookbinding class on campus, so I'll just have to come peek over your shoulder sometime. Deal?

    ReplyDelete