Thursday, April 7, 2011

Treasure Hunting

Lately I've been doing some blog discovering....it's amazing what is (or rather what isn't) on the world wide web these days! In any case I discover by creating a blog-chain, if you will...or if you won't, of links from blogs to blogs. It doesn't take much, I start by checking on the blogs I follow (my sisters, my friends...that's about it) but from there I am lead to the world of people who are wildly talented, insightful, and creative. I don't really read random blogs I just look for pictures and interesting topics and look at the lists of sites they recommend. That's how I came upon this blog titled: "A Cup of Jo" but I actually found that one (and a bushel more) on the Oh Happy Day: parties+pretty things website I posted in my "I frequent..." list and I found that from the blog of a friend of a friend... capiche? (that's pronounced and alternatively spelled 'capeesh' which is Italian for 'understand?'; come on, you've all seen enough Full House to know that!)

SO today, when I remembered I have a blog, I wandered over to Oh Happy Day and clicked on one of the recommended sites looking for a photo for the source of a picture of paper cup cake holders used in gift wrapping to get a better idea of how they secure
to a package and I found some fun things.
Like a pothole garden...


It's an artist in England who goes around planting flowers and vegetation in potholes all over the UK and takes photos. A pleasant and surprising way of spreading a little sunshine, don't you think?! First of all, who doesn't love the idea of a forest everywhere and second I love how creative and outside-the-box it is, a breath of fresh air, a smile on my face. Here's to making our world a better place!
Finding little fancies like this stirs in me the desire to create something, to make something pretty and poignant...it reminds me that I am a creative genius too because I am a daughter of my Heavenly Father!

I also came across an image or two of home libraries and that starts me on a daydream of a quickly approaching future with Spencer complete with walls lined with book after book in our own library. We don't really want a TV....except for the occasional movie and the one we do have will be small (maybe even only a computer monitor) that can be hidden because we love the idea of being surrounded by beautiful music, art work, and books. We're talking floor to ceiling corner to corner books. Glorious, I know!

**I'm contemplating moving my blog to wordpress.com....maybe after Spencer and I are married and it becomes "our" blog (but mine really because Spencer thinks blogging is weird)....or maybe sooner if I get bored....it's like switching email addresses, a pain.

1 comment :