This year I did a "homemade" Christmas (the majority of presents...all except two...were made rather than store bought). It took a little more thought, a little more preparation and ingenuity, but it was very rewarding! At least it feels rewarding seeing as Christmas involved close to 16 people rather than the 6 or 7 I'm used to (this includes nieces and nephews). As always the climax/torture for me is the giving of the present. It's my favorite and least favorite part of the season. I love the idea of giving a gift but as soon as I hand the recipient their present I begin to panic and want to hide or take it back and run away for fear they won't like the present. Luckily I've never run away or snatched back any presents and as far as I can remember the gifts have always been well received.
This is my first Christmas from home.
We'll be celebrating Taylor style this year with Spencer's family. I'm looking forward to it but a part of my heart is buried deep in Oklahoma with my family. I mailed my family's Christmas present package yesterday and I was glad to find that I'm still as excited for them to open their presents as I would be if I were there to watch them in person. I can't wait for the phone call on Christmas morning (I'd call and wake them in OK but they're an hour ahead and chances are with a three year old and a possible new born, they'll be up pretty early).
Speaking of newborn....there's something else that's been Taylor-made around here. Spencer and I are expecting our first child! We couldn't be happier. Waves of fear or anxiety come and go but all questions are overpowered by the excitement and love that we feel for this child and from our Father in Heaven.
We prayed and fasted back in October about starting a family and by November we were expecting! We honestly thought it might take us some time to get pregnant since both my sisters have had to work for it, but that obviously wasn't the case for us. For me it was a confirmation that the answer we received in October was truly the Lord's approval. I'm 8 weeks
along and feeling well. I have some nausea, but it's easily tempered by regular eating and staying busy. The hardest part is feeling tired all the time, but if I squeeze a nap in during the afternoon I'm fine. We are due July 26th-ish. We're all smiles in our home. There are plenty of decisions that will need to be made come July but we trust the Lord will lead and guide us along the way. When I first realized I was probably pregnant I had an inkling that it's a girl, Spencer feels the same, but we would happily welcome any child (no matter the gender or ability) into our family. Only time will tell.
This is a picture from our Thanksgiving dinner. Who knew there were three people in the picture rather than two?! We were able to have our own Thanksgiving on the 24th since Spencer's family celebrated on the 25th.
BABY!!!!!! We are SO excited over here at the Wareham house! I almost wish Mack was coming in January so we could say that all 3 girls had babes born in 2012, but only almost ;). Congrats on a homemade Christmas and a beautifully done Thanksgiving. Love you!!!!!
ReplyDeleteYES YES YES YES YES!!!! I'll make sure and put my order in for a newborn poncho.
ReplyDelete