Saturday, April 7, 2012

Happy Easter

What a magical past few weeks!  Easter is here and spring has SpRUnG ushering in beauty all around (and a much desired break from work).  Congratulations to my sister-in-law Kristen and my sister Randi both delivering beautiful baby boys (born only a week apart) into the world!  Moms and babies are all well and adjusting quickly.  Yeah for nephews!  My parents have been in town visiting and helping Randi and Steven with the new baby...I LOVE my parents and have missed them dearly, it's been wonderful to have them around.  Just in time for General Conference too, which was beautiful and encouraging and just what the soul needed, don't you agree?  
On my last official day of my spring break I decided to stay close to home and tie up loose ends of the half-finished projects I seem to have accumulated.  I finally put the bells and whistles on my spring wreath and I'm thrilled with how it turned out.  I just needed that 4 a.m. inspiration to kick in before I knew what embellishments to add.  A special thanks to my mom for providing my sisters and I each with a jar of  random buttons from her own collection, they were the perfect touch to this project.  (As kids we used to love to dump the contents of her button jar and pick our favorites or just turn the mason jar in our hands looking for buried treasures...ahh, those were the days).

It's a simple design but I'm enjoying the fresh colors.
Yesterday I finally got my rocking chair back from being reupholstered.  For me pregnancy has complicated a few "simple" things in my life like the ability to remember things or make decisions.  I finally chose a fabric and spent a month mentally wringing my hands hoping it would turn out, and luckily all is well.
It was quite a splurge for our budget but now I will happily rock any baby...or person for that matter....who walks through my door needing a little TLC (that's how much I like the chair).  
Here is a "before" shot:
 After:
There is also a padded foot rest that is in matching fabric.  It's very comfortable and unique (notice the swan head handles?).  Tonight my nephew Rory is being blessed while all the grandparents are in town.  Hooray for family time!  Happy spring!

2 comments :

  1. cute bailey! love the chair and cute wreath!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 4:00 am??? on Spring Break? What's wrong with you...oh yeah I guess you're pregnant!

    ReplyDelete