Thursday, November 7, 2013

Should I?


I was bound and determined to take a family picture this fall.  It seemed like the weather was against us most of the time but we finally had a sunny day and ready or not I packed the camera, dressed my family, and off we went.
 I had envisioned how perfect these pictures would turn out and what a great experience this would be. In all honesty...this is a safe space, right? It was cold, I was stressing, Leone was shivering, and Spencer (bless his heart) was trying to help but I wasn't really sure what to tell him...sometimes I turn into this one-woman-show/monstrosity thinking I can handle everything and I forget how to let people help.  My handy-dandy tripod was neither handy or dandy, I may or may not have slipped and fallen on the sidewalk, and did I mention it was cold? After the fact, later that night, we laughed about it, but in the moment I was exasperated, to say the least.  Next time I'll have someone else take the pictures or at least tag along and help, if nothing else to get Leone to look at the camera.
That being said, the pictures were not a disaster. I don't hate them, but I don't love them. I've been going back and forth with "Should I?" or "Shouldn't I?" post these. I know I make these sound awful.  They aren't as bad as what I make them out to be, they just didn't turn out how I imagined.
 I decided to post the pictures anyway mainly for my mom, but everyone gets a peek!





1 comment :

  1. oh I love them! you did a good job with having no one else there!!

    ReplyDelete