Thursday, November 28, 2013

Thanksgiving

I made my first pecan pie last night and I think it turned out well (sans corn syrup). The cracks emphasize the homemade look.  The pie smelled delicious as it baked last night, I hope it tastes just as good at dinner this evening. I don't prefer pecan pie, I made this upon Spencer's request, but I might have to sample it myself just to see if I still feel that way. It's the same relationship I have with mushrooms. I'll try them once a year just to see if I still don't prefer them.  So far the verdict has been the same the past 27 years:
 "Nope, no way."
Leone has become my sous Chef. She sits on the counter with her feet in the sink while I wash dishes. While I'm cooking she's close by rearranging the cupboards and investigating the food.
If I'm wearing an apron, she needs an apron. I love it!


  Quality check on the coconut                        Watching me bake.
            in the granola....
        caught red handed.
It's blue skies and sunshine in our neck of the wood. I hope your day is filled with gratitude and delicious food! Happy Thanksgiving!

1 comment :

  1. wow you are sweet to make it even if you don't like it. That is funny, my spencer is the same way with mushrooms too!:)

    ReplyDelete