Sunday, April 20, 2014

Easter 2014


We had our own little egg hunt before church today. I wanted to use the eggs for breakfast (Goldenrod Eggs is an Armour tradition).  Leone knew exactly what to do since she'd had plenty of practice yesterday.


This year instead of dyeing eggs I had Leone help me glue images of butterflies and beetles onto the eggs. It might have had something to do with having read A Girl of the Limberlost this past month. We all loved how they turned out and I thought they looked stunning in our green lawn. We did see a Monarch Butterfly the other day! But for the most part we enjoy watching the little white butterflies flit around the yard. They remind me of acting in Alice in Wonderland when the "butterfly" pranced around the stage waving a net and calling "Bread and butter! Bread and butter!"


Leone is such a funny girl. She may be the biggest ham I've ever met but when it comes to taking pictures she would much rather be behind the lens. Taking her picture can be tricky but I caught a few of her in this year's darling Easter outfit (thank you Mom and Dad) before we left for church.









1 comment :