Picnic at Mountain Dell Resevoir
Spencer and I love the outdoors but since being pregnant in the sweltering heat of the summer then Spencer starting school and the whole Leone-in-the-hospital episode it's been difficult to find time to be at one with nature. Spencer had fall break a week or two ago and we used that as our opportunity to sneak away. Leone was in tow, of course, and we wouldn't have it any other way!
Camping in the Uintas
Provo Falls
We decided to go camping in the Unitas. We took the Mirror Lake Highway and found a camping spot off the beaten path. It was pretty chilly once the evening set in. I had Leone in so many layers I was determined that she not be the slightest uncomfortable. She slept soundly between me and Spencer.
I'm pretty sure she's a born camper.
We woke up to snow!
Leone wore: a cloth diaper, one long sleeve onsie, one footie pajama, a thick brown fleece suit
(a few months too big) and two beanies. I swaddled her in a fleece blanket and she slept in a nest of down sleeping bags.
Good morning star shine!
Talking to Dad in the car while I make breakfast
A little help...
Making flapjacks in the snow. It was freezing!
Did you know there is a difference between flapjacks and pancakes?
On Sunday we went for a little nature walk/hike up Corner Canyon. We were just in time to catch the last of the fall foliage.

Oh my trailmix lite family...you are so cute and so missed!
ReplyDeletesuch a cute girl! how fun are you two! little adventurous with your cute family!
ReplyDelete