Wednesday, April 10, 2013

April Showers

I just love how the weather is always changing in the spring. I'm ready for temperatures to rise and sunny afternoons but I don't mind the rain.  I have a bright green rain jacket that has this little trick to it; when I wear it I can't help but smile.  April has been full of rain (only 10 days in!) and blessings. Speaking of blessings, I hope you had a chance to watch conference.  I always come away feeling rejuvenated  as though I've had a breath of fresh air and can face the world again.

This has been a trying time at work.  Most recently the father of one of my student's committed suicide and another of my students is homeless (a twin whose single mother is expecting her second set of twins any DAY).  My heart aches for these boys and how to help them weighs heavily on my mind.  When I see the smile on their faces I'm amazed at how resilient children are and the spirit testifies to me that the Lord cares for His own.  I'm reminded of how blessed I am in my little life.

Easter was glorious in these parts. We celebrated in full fashion by coloring eggs, going to church and watching videos of Christ on www.biblevideos.lds.org, and topped it off with a family dinner. Spencer's dad took a few pictures of us in our Easter outfits but we have yet to see them.  Until then check out our spring adventures below:
We didn't have a kit so we used food coloring instead.
It worked like a charm!
We don't know where the stripes came from.


Spencer said his family usually colors and "blows" a few eggs to put on display.  My family usually boils, colors, hides, finds, and eats them.  So we compromised by boiling a few and blowing a few.  This was my first time blowing an egg, although I remember watching my mom do it when I was younger (she's crafty like that).  It was a little gross (hence the face) but harmless and fun!

My first strawberry pie
(but not my first pie).
Leone's darling dress is courtesy of my parents.
I took the flowers from the waistband of the dress and
used them to make her headband. 
I seem to have a habit of trying a new recipe when we're having company or I'm contributing to a big dinner, like Easter, for instance.  Spencer has total confidence in my ability to cook and bake but I do the hand-wringing dance and sing the "what-if" song and he tells me I should at least try the recipe before making it for a crowd.  It usually turns out though!  The strawberry pie received many compliments and there was nothing left over (usually a good sign).  It tasted, to me, like strawberry jam.
This picture made me laugh because
it looks like she took it of herself...
like a Facebook profile picture.
Waiting for Spencer's train.
I made that purple top (under the bib)
 from a pattern I found through Pinterest.

1 comment :

  1. I love that little girl!!! Can't wait to see you guys in a few months. I love that you guys are starting all these fun traditions. It is one of my favorite parts of being newlyweds!

    xo
    k

    ReplyDelete